Training With Mike Lardy - Volume I
Completely Revised! All new photos articles and more! This spiral-bound collection of Mike's™ Retriever Journal articles, covers the detailed steps from basics through transition and advanced retriever training. Other topics include steadiness, marking, and guidelines for e-collar use.
Whether you train for hunting, field trials or hunt tests, you will find this an invaluable aid for understanding and applying the most modern methods of retriever training.
These 22 photocopied articles are a great companion to the Total Retriever video series.
Training with Mike Lardy Volume I includes s/h in US $29.95.
Order your copy today!
Table of Contents
Training Flow Chart
Overview of yard work skills and parallel marking development
- "The Right Start"
- "Basic Obedience"
- "Force Fetch"
- "Stick Fetch and Simple Casting"
- "Collar Conditioning"
- "After Collar Conditioning"
- "Pile Work"
- "Double T"
- "The Swim-By"
- "Pattern Blinds"
- "More Transition"
- "Water Cheating"
- "Introduction to Cold Blinds"
- "Drills for Transition"
- "Advanced Training and the Factors"
- "Introduction to Retired and Hidden Guns"
- "Guidelines for Correction"
- "Field Trials, Hunt Tests, and Gun Dogs: Are They in Conflict?"
- "Buying a Started Dog"
- "7 Days in November"
- "The E-Collar: A Response"