Tuition: Observer- $325, Handler- $650
To apply, please follow these instructions:
- Every observer and handler applicant should fill out the General registration form (click here). Please fill out separate forms for each person applying.
- Each handler applicant should fill out the dog/handler application supplement (click here). Please fill out all parts. REMINDER: A basics/transition workshop is for dogs from force fetch through elementary cold blinds. We understand it is difficult to predict your training progress this far in advance.
- Your check or money order, payable to PepperJack Kennels for the full amount, must be received before your application will be considered. Please mail to:
Attention Handlers!! Did you fill out both applications? Please do so.
Please note the following:
- Observers will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis until the clinic is full. We reserve the right to refuse observer applicants.
- Handler-dog applications can be submitted until we receive 20 complete applications or until February 2nd, whichever comes first. We will select 10 teams from those applicants. Handler applicants will be notified of their acceptance no later than February 8.
- Handler-dog applicants are guaranteed an observer slot if they are not accepted for a handler slot, if they check the box on the general application. Some of these teams may be chosen to be on a Handlers Reserve waiting list to fill any cancellations. It is our experience that handler teams on the waiting list often get admitted later.
- We will post application closings on the website.
We don't just select the best dogs or the most experienced handlers. Our goal is to have a variety of dogs at different stages of training to maximize the learning experience of everyone. Dogs should be trained by the TotalRetriever program generally. This is not a seminar where you learn about each step sequentially. Rather, it is a chance to see how the program is implemented with a variety of dogs. We welcome some dogs with "problems" as everyone will learn from the problem-solving sessions.
Your money will be refunded in full if you are not accepted. There will be a $50 fee if you withdraw after you are accepted. If you pay for a handler spot, but are accepted as an observer, we will refund the difference.
No refund for no-shows at the event. There will be a full refund for handler-dog teams that have to withdraw due to injury or coming in season. Other unforeseen circumstances will be considered on an individual basis.
In the event that the workshop is cancelled in advance due to an extreme weather event or due to a personal circumstance such as illness or family crisis or due to low registration numbers you will be refunded in full. There will be no refund if weather delays or reduces the time or quality of the event after the event has begun.