Volume III is a spiral bound manual of 22 photocopied articles on general retriever training guidelines, as well as specific marking and handling topics. Feature articles cover diverse areas including training pond design, nutrition and the National Retriever Championship. Many additional topics are covered.
It is suggested that Volume I and II be purchased prior to, or at the same time as, Volume III since all of the techniques and discussions are built on the knowledge base developed in these earlier article collections.
Volume III includes s/h in US $24.95
order your copy today!
Table of Contents
General Training Guidelines
- Pre-season Training
- Too Sensitive?
- Clean Up Your Advanced Training Setups
- Improving Your Dog's Water Attitude
- Generalizing: Why Your Dog Might Not
- Perform Old Tricks In A New Place
- A Training Curriculum Outline
- Direct and Indirect pressure
- Staying on Topic
- Evaluating Retriever Talent
- Training with Birds
- The Lost Art of The Bird in the Water
- Twenty Ways to Control Head Swinging
- Ten Tips to Improve Short Bird Marking
- Marking Drills
- Getting Started on Multiple Marks
- Baby Steps to Cold Blinds
- Tips for Better Handling in Training and Trials
- Guidelines for Poison Birds
- Designing Training Ponds
- Nutrition Strategies for Optimal Performance
- The Special World of the Nationals
- A Conversation with Mike Lardy
- A Conversation with Mike Continues
- $24.95 including shipping and handling